Numbers on the extent, characteristics and determinants of child labour are provided by the Statistical Information and Monitoring Programme on Child Labour (SIMPOC), which is the statistical arm of ILO International Programme for the Elimination of Child Labour (IPEC). SIMPOC assists countries in the collection, documentation, processing and analysis of child labour relevant data.
Their website makes available a wealth of statistical tools, data and reports:
- Specific questionnaires for child labour surveys
- Manuals and training kits on how to carry out child labour data collection in households, schools and at the workplace
- Guidance on how to properly process and analyse the collected information
- Micro datasets and survey reports from around the world
- Research on critical statistical issues
- Regular trend reports